He ran the business as ‘James Williams’ until his death in1927, when it passed to Robert Gwynedd Evans who had worked at the shop since the age of 12.
Having left the Merchant Navy in the late 1940’s, Frederick Morgan Evans joined his father in the business where upon it became ‘R. Gwynedd Evans & Son’.
Today the business is still run as ‘R. Gwynedd Evans & Son’ by his daughter Glenys Owen who took over in 1992.